1. Base Frame
2. Server Racks
3. Cable Routing/ Overhead Busway
4. Aisle Containment
Contact an Engineer
DAMAC Structures are made up of four components that comprise all the elements of a modern aisle-containment design:
- Cabinet Anchoring Base Unit
- Hot- or Cold-Aisle Containment System
- Cable Routing System
- Overhead Power Distribution Busway
You can choose just the cabinet anchoring and aisle-containment units, add the cable routing, or get a system that is preconfigured for your desired power distribution busway. The system is highly flexible and can be designed to accommodate any size server cabinet or network rack. Third-party components can also be incorporated into DAMAC’s prefabricated system.
Each component of the DAMAC Structure is manufactured to our exacting standards, with tubular steel construction and fabricated brackets for both flexibility and durability. DAMAC’s patented quick-connect system and adjustable channels and tracks make modifications simple. Structures can also be coupled together in a daisy-chain configuration.
DAMAC is a pioneer in the development of modular structures for web-scale IT environments, and has evolved the concept to meet the requirements of today’s data centers. Crafted from the finest materials using best-in-class manufacturing processes, DAMAC Structures represent the leading edge in data center infrastructure design.
Contact us today to learn how DAMAC Structures can benefit your data center and check out our whitepaper here.
DAMAC Structures comprise four components that can be mixed, matched and configured to your exact specifications. Each unit is highly customized yet allows for rapid, cost-effective implementation, agility and scalability.
Base Unit: The Base Unit of the DAMAC Structures system creates a self-contained cabinet anchoring and aisle-containment platform The Base Unit can be designed in any length, width and height to accommodate the physical environment and the racks and cabinets to be installed within it. The Base Unit has built-in anchoring provisions for server cabinets and racks, eliminating the need to anchor individual racks to the concrete slab or raised floor. When the Base Unit is bolted to the floor it creates a seismic anchoring surface yet allows for easy moves, adds and changes.
Aisle Containment System: The Base Unit also supports a tilt-up, prefabricated Aisle Containment System in hot or cold configuration. The Aisle Containment System encapsulates the aisle way and caps the end of the Structure with the door style of your choice. This increases the flexibility of the structure by eliminating the need to attach an aisle-containment system to the ceiling or racks. The aisle way enables human access to the equipment while maintaining an enclosed environment for cooling efficiency.
Cable Routing System: The Cable Routing System is a preinstalled basket tray that runs along the top of the Base Unit to manage data communication cabling.
Overhead Busway: The Structure can also be prefabricated to support an Overhead Busway of your choice.
Why DAMAC Structures
Traditional data centers are built from the ground up by anchoring cabinets and racks to the floor then adding aisle containment, cable routing and overhead power distribution. The process is time- and labor-intensive, with each phase typically handled by a different contractor.
With DAMAC Structures, we handle the entire process, from design and manufacturing through onsite assembly. As a result, DAMAC Structures can be up and running in 75 percent less time than a traditional facility.
Other benefits include:
- Flexibility. Seismic anchoring, aisle containment, cable routing and the overhead busway are independent of the racks and the room itself. Racks can easily be moved or added, and the whole system reconfigured as needed.
- Versatility. The system can be designed to any specifications and accommodate any size server cabinet or rack, including racks from third-party vendors.
- Consistency. DAMAC Structures enable you to develop a corporate standard for the data center infrastructure, streamlining moves, adds, changes and management.
- Reduced building requirements. Because the DAMAC Structure supports the aisle-containment, cable routing and overhead busway components, your building’s ceiling system doesn’t have to.
- Fewer connections. One power connection, one data in-feed and one cooling inlet will support the DAMAC Structure.
- Power and cooling efficiency. The defined footprint of a DAMAC Structure enables you to optimize power and cooling.
- Staged buildouts. DAMAC Structures can be installed as “pods” and expanded or reconfigured as needed.
With DAMAC Structures, you gain all the benefits of an agile, cost-optimized data center infrastructure without the need for complex, multiphase construction projects. Let us put the benefits of DAMAC Structures to work in your facility.
|Traditional Data Center Build-Out||Modular Structures|
|Server cabinets and racks are mounted to the floor. A contractor must be engaged to drill holes in the data center floor and achor the cabinets.||Server cabinets and racks are bolted to the freestanding structure.|
|Once the cabinets and racks are in place, a contractor must be engaged to install the hot or cold aisle-containment system||Aisle containment is integrated into the structure.|
|A cabling contractor is then engaged to install basket tray, ladder rack or fiber runner duct systems within, across and along the aisles to route data and fiber cables to each cabinet and rack, and back to the main distribution frame.||The structure includes a cable routing system that is laid out, cut and color coded according to the customer's requirements.|
|An electrical contractor must be engaged to install an overhead busway power distribution system.||The busway system is already mounted onto the modular structure.|